7/06/2009

Just like your Nanette Lepore... minus the price tag!

Nanette Lepore for Less
 I was recently invited by one of my good friends to attend a cocktail party at her place. Aunts, cousins, grandparents, you name it they were all there celebrating a number of family birthdays that were taking place that month. 

It's the middle of the summer and of course I wanted to wear something not too dressy/not too casual for a night of poolside drinks and maybe more fun afterwards. After surveying my closet, I chose a strapless hot pink dress that complemented my tan and was also "grandparent-approved". 

At the party- while I'm refilling my glass of sangria, one of my friend's aunts comes over to introduce herself... or so I thought. 

"I love your dress," she said. "I own one just like that and I almost wore it today! Mine is by Nanette Lepore, whose is yours from?" she asked, absolutely not expecting what was coming at her. "Mine is from Forever21," I replied, took a sip of my sangria and watched her change colors as she tried to digest what I had just said. 

"You girls do so well," she said dazed, confused and with a broken wallet.

Yes, indeed. We do very well. Should I have told her that my dress was only $14.50? Why pay more when you can look designer-fabulous for less?

For more fabulous cocktail dresses check out these great deals from Forever21

Happy shopping :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment